[Translators] VLC 1.1.0

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Sun May 2 00:35:18 CEST 2010

Hello,

Just a quick e-mail about timescale and files.

You might have seen that 1.1.0-pre3 has been tagged yesterday. There are
windows build at
http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-1.1.0-pre3/

That means that we hope to release in 10 or 15 days.

I had hope to keep a common vlc.pot and so *.po between the dev branch
and the 1.1.x branch but they already have diverged too much. So if you
want to download vlc.pot or a freshly refreshed .po do it from
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-1.1.git;a=tree;f=po   (or clone/add a
remote to git://git.videolan.org/vlc/vlc-1.1.git if you use git)

2 other areas to translate:
* On Linux there is a so-called .desktop file
used for by example a shortcut on the desktop and it can be translated.

So if you send me the translation for the 2 following sentences ( or a
patch for share/vlc.desktop) I will add them in the vlc.desktop file.

"VLC media player"
"Read, capture, broadcast your multimedia streams"

* The Win32 installer is translatable. However the system used is not as
good as the one used for VLC so it's restricted to the languages known
by windows.

You can find the file to translate at:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-1.1.git;a=tree;f=extras/package/win32/languages

--