[Translators] Possibility to translate nightly version 1.2?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Aug 22 22:55:01 CEST 2011

	Hello,

Le lundi 22 août 2011 23:46:14 Thomas De Rocker, vous avez écrit :
> Is it already possible to translate the upcoming version 1.2 of VLC

Technically, yes. But this is not recommended because the translated strings
in VLC 1.2 make a moving target.

Moreover, translations from the older versions can only be merged
automatically once. After VLC 1.2 translation starts, the VLC 1.1 must be
translated separately. This results in duplicated efforts from the translator
(that means You).

> If so, which .pot file do we use?

You can either generate it yourself from a git clone, or a developer can
upload it somewhere if you really want it.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/