[Translators] polish file for VLC - Android

Ludovic Fauvet etix at videolan.org
Tue Jul 3 12:56:33 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM, M. T. <hippie_1968 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the update!
>
> I have some more questions:
>
> 1: where do I find the nightlies of the Android port?

http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/ then walk to the appropriate
android-* subdirectory depending of the CPU you have.
For the Samsung Galaxy Note you should take android-v7-neon.

> 2:  what about these strings of that file? should they be also translated?
> Where is the template file?
>
>  122     <string name="aout_audiotrack">AudioTrack (native)</string>
>  123     <string name="aout_audiotrack_java">AudioTrack (Java)</string>
>  124     <string name="aout_opensles">OpenSL ES</string>

These represent the audio output system to use. I don't think they
should be translated. xtophe?

125     <string-array name="aouts_froyo">
126         <item>@string/aout_audiotrack_java</item>
127         <item>@string/aout_audiotrack</item>
128     </string-array>

As you can see items that start with @string/ represent a direct
relation with another string contained in the same file, for instance
@string/aout_audiotrack_java refers to:
<string name="aout_audiotrack_java">AudioTrack (Java)</string>

Hope I'm clear :)

> 3: And why I can't download the official VLC version from Google Play?
> I have a Samsung Galaxy Note and VLC works but Google say that it isn't
> supported
> I even can't find it in the search

Do you live in the US and/or Canada?

Direct link to the app on the Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon

--
Ludovic Fauvet