[Translators] VLC on Transifex

Gaëtan Rousseaux gaetan.rousseaux at skynet.be
Tue May 1 13:44:50 CEST 2012

Hello Christoph (Miebach) and Yaron,

I'm the Walloon translator of VLC. I have some questions about your
project on Transifex.

  * First there's a problem with Transifex. It seems that there are two
    project for VLC translation, yours and another one:
    *https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc/* (with these languages:
    Ukrainian, Catalan , Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese
    (Portugal), Basque, French (France), Slovak (Slovakia), Spanish
    (Castilian), Swedish, Tamil, Telugu,
    Vietnamese<https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc/language/vi/>
    *https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc-trans/* (with these
    languages: English, Turkish, German, Slovenian, Japanese, Polish,
    Hebrew, Breton, Czech, Icelandic, Telugu, Uzbek, Hindi, Arabic
    For both projects, there are three more languages requested, but not
    the same for the two projects, so in fact 6 new languages. That's
    more than 30 languages until now seperated in two project with
    different maintainers. That could generate some troubles.
  * What happened when an uodate of VLC contains more strings. Do you
    merge the former po files in the new one, or should I ask it to
    Chrisotphe Mutricy. What I did until now?

Kinf regards,
Gaëtan