[Translators] Transifex translation

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Tue Nov 27 20:30:35 CET 2012

Hello!

On 27.11.2012 19:37, Marián Hikaník wrote:
> I would like to publish my Slovak translations for VLC (and other
> versions of this software) on Transifex too. I created also an account
> on Transifex and requested a new team (Slovak). Could you please review
> my request?

Done. Looks good. You can now add more members to your team or deny join
requests for Slovak. I think transifex could handle "Marián Hikaník" as
well, so there is no need for Marian Hikanik.

> I would like to upload my latest translations to Transifex too, because
> my latest version of translation for VLC was not uploaded to Git... And
> in the future, I want to translate the main website of VLC too...

This is a different issue (me having little time). I still have your
mail with the current vlc translation in my inbox. So it was not
uploaded to git, yet.

> BTW: the new translations must be sent to Git and Transifex separately?
> Or is here some auto-synchronisation routine between these systems?
> Thank you for your informations and help. Best regards,

Well, there somehow is. I can update the website translation very
quickly (adding a new language need manual work and is not completely
trivial, though).

Since this weekend I am testing something similar for the android
translation.

Updating vlc takes more effort, but I collect the transifex version
before each new release, so there is no need to email it separately.

Short advice on using transifex:
There is no need to translate everything again (you can upload your
local files). If there are any questions, just ask.

Best regards

Christoph