[Translators] String freeze for 2.1 and some news

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Tue Jun 4 21:06:16 CEST 2013

Hello!

Let the 2.1 translating begin :-)

The strings are frozen and won't be changed significantly.

The current pot file:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/vlc.pot;hb=HEAD

Existing translations can be found here:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=po;hb=HEAD

Translations have been imported from 2.0.7 (tag) added the ones from 2.1
transifex one week ago.

Priority should be 2.1 (instead of 2.0) from now on, for they have a
longer expected time to live.

Please check your name in the current stable (2.0.7):
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-2.0.git;a=blob;f=AUTHORS;hb=HEAD

and send updates (including the email address you want to use) to my address
christoph.miebach at web.de

We can offer you nightly builds for vlc (2.0.7 at the moment) and vlc
for android that use the current files from transifex. See:
http://nightlies.videolan.org/

New languages might need some human intervention to work. Tell me if
your translation does not show up.

I set up a little page for transifex:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

Some transifex only remarks:
You no longer need to set email address and full name on transifex.
Instead, you can set the preferences to even hide your email address. I
still need to have your name and your prefered (for publishing) email
address. Typically used in the AUTHORS file or git commits.

Don't put too much efford in vlmc (very low priority) as it is not going
to be released soon.

Some of you probably already noticed that we offer 2 pages with
translations. Again, if you created a translation and it does not show
up, please tell me.
There is the idea of putting a "we could use help translating vlc" on
the website. Are there any opinions on that?

Regards

Christoph