[ANN] vlc 0.2.70

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Apr 9 05:25:37 CEST 2001

   One month after the last release, we found enough time to announce
version 0.2.70 of the VideoLAN Client. We are also glad to welcome two
new CVS commiters, Colin Delacroix and Eugenio Jarosiewicz, who are
working on the Mac OS X port.

   Major changes:

  * On-the-fly language, subtitle, title and chapter handling in the
    BeOS, Gnome and Gtk+ interfaces.
  * Early Mac OS X support. No decryption or assembly acceleration yet.
  * XVideo support.
  * Return of the network code. Now we just have to wait for vls.
  * Bugfixes everywhere, as usual.

   The changelog is pretty huge for this release, you can view it
online at http://www.videolan.org/ChangeLog-vlc

   You can download 0.2.70 via HTTP or FTP:

      http://www.videolan.org/download.html
      ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/0.2.70/

   Classic tarballs and Debian, RPM and BeOS packages can be found on
the FTP site. If you manage to build native Mandrake, SuSE or RedHat
packages from our SRPMs, please send them to us!

For the VideoLAN team,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \