new APT repository for VideoLAN Debian packages

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sun Jan 4 08:10:02 CET 2004

   Hello, our APT repository has been completely reworked so that it now
properly supports several architectures and distributions. If you have
been using our feed, you should fix your source file.

   Debian stable (woody) users should now use the following lines in
their sources.list file:

     deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian woody main
     deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian woody main

   Debian unstable (sid) users should use these lines:

     deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
     deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main

   Not all packages have been moved to this repository yet, but they
should slowly move to it. Also, there are no packages for sarge (Debian
testing) yet, and no plans for any whatsoever. The sid repository
contains the exact same packages that appear in the official Debian
distribution, with the addition of libdvdcss which is not in Debian. The
woody repository contains backports of the VideoLAN software for the
stable Debian distribution.

   And if you are still wondering, yes, there are debs of VLC 0.7.0 :-)

Regards,
--
Sam.