need more information for the howto

Henri Fallon henri at videoan.org
Sun Apr 22 04:44:43 CEST 2001

Hi,

 i'm re-writing on the Howto as there is a need for documentation for
the 0.3 release and nobody seems to be wishing to do it.

For the "compiling the vlc" section, I need more info for MacOS/BeOS
systems :

is there a need for Gnu make or special packages ?
Does the ./configure script work exactly as under linux/Bsd ?
Is it as simple as typing make; make install ?

When I have finished, I'll put the sgml file in the doc/ directory.
Each developper adding or modifying anything will then be responsible
for maintening the documentation regarding his work, as writing
documentation is not quite my favorite activity.

--
henri