CVS Commit: vlc

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Aug 23 11:25:43 CEST 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001, Michel LESPINASSE wrote:

> > * Totally rewrote the video decoder (inspired by walken's mpeg2dec), implying :
>
> Yay ! always nice to see my code used. Even indirectly as in videolan.

This is indeed great code (I was very impressed by the motion vectors
parser, much simpler than ISO's), but it definately lacks comments :-p.

> What changes did you take, is it mainly the block parsing ?

To sum up, everything is from libmpeg2 now, except the headers parser
(not performance-critical), the smp code (pool) and the synchro.

> BTW I have not announced it much yet, because I'm waiting for new
> releases to advertise this, but the new libmpeg2 and liba52 servers
> are hosted on sourceforge:
>
> http://libmpeg2.sourceforge.net/
> http://liba52.sourceforge.net/
>
> liba52 is particularly close to release, actually I just have to
> finish the API doc and then I'll call it 0.7.0. You may want to look
> at it, its much faster than 0.6.1 was :)

Oh great, I guess reno will have a look.

--
Christophe Massiot.