Ramping up for VLC release 0.3

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Aug 23 13:59:33 CEST 2001

Dear friends,

A lot of improvements have been made since the last stable release,
VLC 0.2.0 (I'm sure you didn't even remember we had a stable branch :-).
We have ambitious projects for the future (I will soon discuss them),
and we believe now is the time to release the stable 0.3 VLC, before
breaking up the CVS again :-).

We will begin the first phase of the release shortly, that is a so-called
"feature freeze". The last big features to be implemented are :
- the new video decoder (I have committed it yesterday) ;
- the new video output (sam will commit it soon) ;
- an enhanced audio output (sam and I will work on this).

If you see anything mandatory, please speak. This is will constitute the
last pre-0.3 series of releases (0.2.9x).

After this period will begin a phase of intensive bug fixing, and we will
need your help. We will give more instructions then.

Thanks for your participation.

--
Christophe Massiot.