AC3 decoder quality

Michael T. Babcock mbabcock at fibrespeed.net
Fri Dec 7 16:56:20 CET 2001

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 04:53:38PM +0100, Peter Surda wrote:
> It most probably isn't in downmixing / imdct, because selecting normal / 3dnow
> doesn't change anything.
>
> I'd be very grateful if someone tried to reproduce the problems and tried to
> give me a hint where I should look to fix it.

I've pointed out before that there are other open AC3 decoder libraries
available for use but I'm not sure anyone has time to try and use one of
them.  Is there any way to have vlc (or another program) dump the raw AC3
stream to another file / stdout for testing with another decoder?
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.     (Hosting, Security, Consultation, Database, etc)