VLC 0.2.92-pre1

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Fri Dec 7 20:42:11 CET 2001

Dear friends,

We have seeded the first pre-release for VLC 0.2.92. You are invited to
test it and report bugs. You can download it at :
  ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.2.92

Binary builds for win32, BeOS and MacOS X (configured with --enable-debug)
are welcome and can be uploaded to our incoming/ directory. Major features
for this release are :
 * fastmemcpy
 * libmad
 * udpstream: syntax instead of ts: syntax (udpstream: is now enough in
most cases)
 * decoders are now modules (plug-ins or built-ins)
 * raw device support for DVDs (dvd:<device>@<raw device>)
 * aRts audio output

And many bug fixes.

The purpose of this pre-release is for bug-hunting ; do not use it for
production (you've been warned !). We will only accept bug reports
including full -vvvvv output (with VLC configured with --enable-debug),
and gdb back trace of all threads, if applicable. Thanks.

For developers, a new branch has been created, v0_2_92_branch, in which
bug fixes (and bug fixes ONLY) can be checked in. The main trunk can
still welcome experimental patches.

The bug hunting period will last one week. Thereafter, 0.2.92 will go
final, or a new pre-release (pre-2) will be seeded.

Thank you for your time and patience.

--
Christophe Massiot.