vlc & win32

Mathias Kretschmer mathias at research.att.com
Thu Dec 13 00:11:07 CET 2001

Hi guys,

Since I usually just refuse to touch any windows box, I had
no idea how 'vlc' performs under windows.

I tried to play back a transport stream over the net to demo
something to a colleague. The frame rate I got was about 1...2 frames
per second on a 700 MHz machine using vlc-0.2.91. one could really see
the frames being updated from top to bottom...

Under Linux it worked just fine, for course :)

Any idea what's wrong ?   Do I need to turn on any special DirectX features
?

Thanks,

Mathias