VLC does not compile anymore on BeOS...

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Sat Dec 29 22:53:15 CET 2001

Hello,

À (At) 0:57 +0000 28/12/01, Rudolf Cornelissen écrivait (wrote) :

>just 'calling' to let you know something has changed (a while ago) in VLC,
>but not in the BeOS plugins apparantly...
>
>See errors below:

Yes we know that. The cvs tree is split between the STABLE and HEAD
branches. STABLE should work everywhere. HEAD contains experimental
patches, such as a brand new (and much faster) video output, but few
plug-ins have been ported to the new architecture. Currently, these
are :
- xvideo
- sdl

As a result most ports (in particular BeOS, MacOS X and Win32) are
deeply broken in HEAD. I'll let sam anwser on what (and when) he
plans to do with the other plug-ins. In the meantime, BeOS, MacOS X
and Win32 users should download the STABLE branch (v0_2_92_branch).

--
Christophe Massiot.