libdvdcss again

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Jul 5 12:40:15 CEST 2001

Hi,

As libdvdcss api is working with blocks (sectors) instead of bytes, I was just thinking that it would maybe make more sense to change the specification for dvdcss_readv a little bit.

Instead of having iovec structures where the iov_len field is the length in BYTES of the iovbase buffer, iov_len could be the length in BLOCKS (or sectors) of the buffer.

This would make things a little bit more coherent.

And not to confuse people we could use the following prototype:
int dvdcss_readv( dvdcss_handle, void *p_iovec, int i_buffers, int i_flags );

I think it make sense to do everything in BLOCKS as anyway this library is designed to work only on DVDs.

Regards,

--
Gildas

Une gamme d'outils gratuits et performants à votre service.
Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 E TTC/min - 2,21 F TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 E TTC/min - 1,00 F TTC/min)