need a nice way to handle interruption in input stream

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Tue Jul 10 17:49:52 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001, Chris Worley wrote:

> >    Why can't you use VLS on the server side instead of using mplexer ?
>
> Because the server is a 50Mhz powerpc... it doesn't have the guts to
> mplex the stream, so the a/v streams are sent in two different sockets
> to the client for realtime mplexing.

   This is really strange. VLS doesn't need that much CPU power, did you
try to profile it to see what was eating CPU ?

> Complexity?  The html header does not add much complexity.  The only
> difference from the Linux invocation previously shown is:

   The html header does not add much complexity, but is useless. Thus
adding it deserves no purpose and adds complexity.

> Again: if I'm going to run VLS on the client where I'm running VLC,
> what advantages does that provide?

   This would be useless as well; VLC can pretty much read anything VLC
does.

--
Sam.