libdvdcss

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Jul 25 00:37:38 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001, M Grooms wrote:

> Do I need to call dvdcss_crack consistantly when starting to read each
> VOB file or does it get called automaticly in certain instances.

   You should call dvdcss_crack each time you change title or layer. I
don't know if the Xine IFO parser is title-aware yet, but if you don't
call dvdcss_crack there is a chance it'll work, since most DVDs only
have one key for the whole disc.

>      Also, I was hoping you could answer a question about the UDF file
> system. I am locating the start of each vob file using the UDF code
> distributed with xine. I am not sure if it is the same code used in
> the videolan project but when I call the funtion to locate a VOB file
> it returns a byte offset. Are all VOB file start points block aligned
> ( DVDCSS_BLOCK_SIZE ) or can more than one VOB file occupy a block?

   Yes, all VOB files are block-aligned. And so is their size.

--
Sam.