possible bug report

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Fri Jun 1 21:32:45 CEST 2001

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001, Peter Surda wrote:

> And it has trouble syncing. I noticed there is a command line switch for other
> syncing methods, what values does it accept and what do they mean?

   The values you can give it are I, I+, IP, IP+ and IPB. It's basically
the amount of images to drop (I means drop almost all images except
reference ones, and IPB means force decoding all images). But I'd be
surprised if you got better results with --synchro.

> Tested only on zone 2 dvds (no CSS), I run vlc as "vlc /dev/dvd".

   Are you sure it's not "vlc dvd:/dev/dvd" ? Playing /dev/dvd directly
will play the drive as a big MPEG2 file and you'll lose chapter support,
multiangle, probably subtitles as well.

--
Sam.