vlc for iPaq?

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Sun Jun 17 01:06:17 CEST 2001

Christophe Massiot wrote:

> >Or better yet, has this already been done?
>
> Not yet. Tell me if you succeed.
>
> --
> Christophe Massiot.

Christophe,

I had a go at simply compiling the vlc-0.2.80 source on a strongarm
machine (one of the skiffcluster machines at handhelds.org). And gues
what it works right out of the box! Guys you wrote some portable code
;-)

I tried the binaris on my iPaq with "vlc -V x11 --yuv yuv
DTS_Organic.mpeg", but did not do extensive testing (yet). So anyone who
would like to have a go at it, please do.
The following modules were compiled in fb, x11 and xvideo. x11 and
xvideo work, but did not try fb. Perhaps later this week if I have time,
I'll do some more testing. And might even try to get gtk support going.

Send me a mail if anyone would like to try the arm compiled version. The
tar's are quite big, so I did not include it in this mail. When it is
better tested I'll submit it for inclusion on videolan.org.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman