segfault in ac3_imdct_sse.c

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Jun 30 22:45:07 CEST 2001

Hi all,

I've been spending my afternoon trying to solve a segfault in ac3_imdct_sse.c.

I was running a debug version of vlc ( ./configure --enable-debug ) and each
time I was trying to read an ac3 vob file, I would get a segfault in
ac3_imdct_sse.c in imdct512_pre_ifft_twiddle_sse() just after the ".loop:"
label at this line exactly:
"movss (%%ecx, %%esi, 8), %%xmm1\n" /* 2j */"

This is happening with a linux and win32 version of vlc!

I didn't have any success debugging this, but I just found out by chance that
non-debug versions of vlc don't have this problem anymore!

Is it a known problem ? Anyone has an explanation ?

--
Gildas