Playlist interface

Jean-Philippe Grimaldi jeanphi at via.ecp.fr
Thu Mar 8 20:02:32 CET 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 02:08:20PM +0100, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001, Henri Fallon wrote:
>
> > So, we really need a way to simulate an url for MPEG2 streaming.
>
>    Do you really think network mode should show into the playlist ? I'd
> rather have a separate window for network controls (select server, port,
> broadcast mode, program, and so on).

I think it is legitimate, or as legitimate as DVD input. Basically a
network stream can be dealt with like a DVD except each title (channel
in this case) has only 1 chapter or there is only one title with
different chapters (channels).
So an entry like broadcast_mode:/server:port seems as okay as an entry
like dvd:/dev/dvd would be. Of course a specific dialog is needed to
add such an entry.
The drawback would only be ease of navigation since you'd need 3 sets
of next/prev commands (playlist entry+title+chapter) but this solution
is rather universal (a file has 1 title with 1 chapter, a muxed file is
like a muxed network stream, ...).

--
Jean-Philippe GRIMALDI