Gnome preferences window & language selection.

Shane Harper shanegh at optusnet.com.au
Tue Mar 27 14:20:08 CEST 2001

Hi.

I've uploaded "vlc--Gnome_pref_win.tgz" onto ftp://ftp.videolan.org/incoming.

Shane.

Samuel Hocevar wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2001, Shane Harper wrote:
>
> > Brief summary of changes (files are attached to this e-mail):
>
>    Unfortunately out list manager strips binary attachments to prevent
> abuse. Alternatively, you can do either of these:
>
>   - post the unified diff (diff -urN olddir newdir) as plaintext,
>     if it is not too big.
>   - publish it on a webpage
>   - put it in our incoming directory: ftp://ftp.videolan.org/incoming/
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Sam.

---------
Hi.

I've created a preferences window for the Gnome interface for vlc.

The only option which can be set from this window (at the moment) is the
preferred language for DVD audio. The selected language is saved in the file
~/.vlc/config. (Each time you start vlc to play a DVD it'll automatically
select an audio channel in the language of your choice.)

Someone may like to store the changes I've made in the CVS repository.

Shane.

Brief summary of changes (files are attached to this e-mail):

include/main.h
        added function declarations for accessing configuration file.

include/config.h.in
        added INPUT_LANGUAGE.

plugins/dvd/input_dvd.c
        . Deleted lang_tbl (now defined in plugins/common/languages.c)
        . Finds an audio channel corresponding to language specified by
          INPUT_LANGUAGE.

plugins/gnome/
        intf_gnome.glade
        gnome_callbacks.[ch]
        gnome_interface.[ch]
                (generated by Glade.)
        intf_gnome.c
                make preferences menu item active.

plugins/common/languages.[ch]
        defines lang_tbl.

src/interface/main.c
        Now read configuration file on start-up.

Makefile.in