Bug or something...

Richard M. Shaw hobbes at hobbes69.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 28 05:52:49 CEST 2001

When attempting to play "Tron" with my Pioneer 115 (IDE) it gets through
the intro "Walt Disney Presents" stuff and then quits with an error as
follows:

Welcome to the BeOS shell.

/boot/home> cd vlc
/boot/home/vlc> vlc
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.63 Urumov - (c)1996-2000 VideoLAN

intf: interface initialized
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 32/32 bpp)
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/0/master/0/raw
dvd error: can't find next cell
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/0/master/0/raw
dvd error: can't find next cell
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/0/master/0/raw
dvd error: can't find next cell
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/0/master/0/raw
dvd error: can't find next cell
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/0/master/0/raw
dvd error: can't find next cell
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/0/master/0/raw
intf: program terminated
/boot/home/vlc>

The first real VOB file is about 75MB which I assume is this intro. I
think only a portion of this file is supposed to be played because it
says the same thing in English then in French and I don't remember
seeing the French when I play it in a consumer DVD player. After the dvd
error: it just starts over and repeats the same process as you can see
from above, until I close vlc.

I hope this is remotely helpful and I'd be happy to provide any
additional information...

Richard M. Shaw

Setup:
BeOS 5.0.3 Pro
ASUS A7V w/ 800MHz T-bird
ATI Radeon 32MB DDR (Using leaked drivers)
VLC 0.2.63 (Latest using Daily VLC)

On a side note, using an earlier version of VLC only the English into
played then VLC crashed, I did a stack crawl and it had something to do
with the ac3 decoder and spit out something with %(eax)....