vlc bug

Richard M. Shaw hobbes at hobbes69.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 30 00:45:27 CEST 2001

Although I assume it can happen with any movie, when playing the move
"The Matrix" at some point (sometimes in the first 2 minutes or first
half hour) The video and audio will "freeze". vlc reports the following,
then I have to kill it to get it to close.

/boot/home/vlc> vlc
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.63 Urumov - (c)1996-2000 VideoLAN

intf: interface initialized
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 32/32 bpp)
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/0/master/0/raw
vpar error: synchro fifo full, estimations will be biased (14:13)
Empty PES FIFO in netlist - Unable to allocate memory
Out of memory

Richard M. Shaw

Setup:
BeOS R5.0.3