Margi DVD decoder thoughts

Anthony McDowell dakken at crosswinds.net
Fri May 11 14:29:33 CEST 2001

Sorry for the double post.  I screwed up and replied to a different thread
with my previous post.

I just bought a Margi DVD-2-Go PCMCIA DVD decoder for my Omnibook 4100.  I
want to get this decoder working under Linux.  So far, I have been able to
find a kernel-level module for the card at the LinuxTV web page.  This
driver allegedly only supports output to a TV, not to the VGA stream.  I
was wondering if anyone has found any drivers for this card other than the
ones hosted by LinuxTV.  I messed with the LinuxTV drivers and barely
managed to get them integrated with Xine.  Has anyone had any experience
using them with VLC?  Does VLC support them natively?  Any input whatsoever
would be great.  If I have been dumb and bought the "wrong" PCMCIA DVD
decoder, does anyone have any cards that they would recommend?

Thanks!

Tony