XVideo optimisation patch

Stéphane Borel stef at via.ecp.fr
Sat May 12 21:08:36 CEST 2001

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 11:50:24PM +1000, Shane Harper wrote:
> This patch:
>  . removes a redundant memcpy of the YUV data to be displayed. (YUV data is
>    now stored directly into the Shm segment which the X server will display.)
>  . fixes a bug with toggling full-screen display (flag wasn't being cleared).
>
> Unfortunately vlc will seg-fault on exit (when Xvideo module is used). I'm
> not sure why. I might investigate the problem in the next few days (I don't
> have much time to work on it at the moment.)
>
> Apart from the problem when exiting, it appears stable (I've had no other
> problems with it). I hope someone will commit it into the CVS repository.

Really great work Shane, I've tested it with success, and it seems fast
to me. Congratulations.

Sam isn't present at the moment, and as I know he has much work about
video output which is not commited, we'll wait that he's back to
integrate your work, so that there isn't too much conflicts between both
versions.

It should be done tomorrow, or on monday.

Regards,

--
Stef