DirectX plugins

Jon Lech Johansen jon-vl at nanocrew.net
Sat May 19 06:11:21 CEST 2001

I have modified vlc so it will compile with MS' C compiler.
The zip is available at http://nanocrew.net/vlc/vlc-snapshot-20010518-00-w32.zip
I'm going to clean up the changes before I send in a patch.

There's also a binary in the zip.

I had to rewrite the window & msg part of the DirectX plugin in order for it to
work. The window was being created by one thread, while the messages where being
retrieved in vout_Manage which is a different thread. Under win32 the message
loop must be in the thread which created the window.

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 11:16:15AM +0200, Gildas Bazin (gbazin at netcourrier.com) wrote:

> > Let's be patient, in a couple of weeks, the DVD input should be ported
> > under Windows (hmmm Babal, do you hear me ?)
> >

> What ?? This is a great news.
> I was thinking about working on this once the directx plugins will be finished. I don't really have any idea yet on how to do this... but it seemed to me that the only way to do the key negotiation with the drive is to use adaptec WINASPI (which of course is not present on all Windows, eg. 2000 and NT I think don't have them)
> I would be glad to know how you are or plan to do this.

Under 2000 (possibly NT as well) you can do key negotiation using DeviceIoControl().
I'll probably have a look at dvd input on win32 on sunday.

--
Jon Johansen
nanocrew.net