DirectX plugins

Jon Lech Johansen jon-vl at nanocrew.net
Sat May 19 12:38:44 CEST 2001

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 10:07:54AM +0100, Gildas Bazin (gbazin at netcourrier.com) wrote:

> Nice...
> Does it mean that the configure and Makefile scripts are working with MS C
> compiler ?

No, but I've created a Visual C++ project.
This ofcourse means you have to edit modules_builtin.h yourself.
Less than optimal, yes, but good enough for the time being.

> Yes, I know. To have the DirectX plugins working, you also have to apply
> the patch I included in my first mail. This patch basically made sure that
> the video window was created in the same thread in which vout_Manage is
> called.

Well, I guess that's what I get for not reading your entire post and
going straight for the DirectX part of the patch :)

> I will have a look at your patch to see how you've done this.

In vout_Create I simply create my own thread which creates the window
and handles the message loop. Then I block until the window thread
signals that I can check for success (hwnd != NULL).

--
Jon Johansen
nanocrew.net