Questions about the DVD input plugin (for a win32 port)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat May 19 22:24:05 CEST 2001

Hi everybody,

I'm having a look at the dvd input plugin now and I'm just wondering what
we need to change to port this beast to Win32.

My guess would be that we mainly need to implement the functions in
dvd_ioctl.c for CSS descrambling.
And maybe do some slight changes in the other files. I suppose we don't
have to care about dvd_udf.c as Windows already support the UDF file
system.
Anybody could comment on this ( Babal maybe )?

Apart from that, I found a few web links for those interested in porting
this dvd input plugin.
(by the way, thanks Jon for pointing me to the DeviceIoControl function)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/winbase/devio_37e8.htm
http://www.ee.washington.edu/class/478/FinalProject/USB Project
Summer98/Client Side 0/support/sampled3.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/directx/dx8_c/ds/Ref/propset/propset_DVD_Copy_Protection.htm
http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/DeCSS.txt

I still haven't found a better idea than using WINASPI on win9x and
DeviceIoControl on NT/2000 to implement the dvd_ioctl functions...

Regards,

Gildas