Questions about the DVD input plugin (for a win32 port)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon May 21 22:55:40 CEST 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001 06:35:40 Jon Lech Johansen wrote:
> I have ported the dvd input plugin to Win2000.

Wow this was quick... Well done !!!

The only comment I would make would be about the use of Windows specific
functions whereas the current code would have been enough. I'm talking
about using the microsoft C run-time library where possible (eg: ReadFile
=> _read, SetFilePointer => _lseek).
I suppose the functions provided by the MSVCRT are less efficient then
their Windows API counterparts, but the final code will be more readable
and maintainable (IMHO).

This opens the way for a new mail...

Gildas