Which compiler for the Win32 port ?

Michel LESPINASSE walken at zoy.org
Wed May 23 04:26:13 CEST 2001

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 12:38:46PM +0200, Xavier Marchesini wrote:
> My opinion is that we SHOULD use only one compiler. That's why I
> proposed Bcc, because it's free (not as MSVC), and your compiler is not
> very widespread (well, that's the first time I heard of it) - and cross
> compiling isn't very easy.

not widespread - are you talking about mingw32 here ?

As I understand mingw32 is basically gcc repackaged (new header files
and default options) to build native win32 binaries. It's basically
the same as using cygwin with the option that makes it not use the
cygwin dll file.

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
Of course I think I'm right. If I thought I was wrong, I'd change my mind.