Brief vout 4 status

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Fri May 25 18:17:29 CEST 2001

On Thu, May 24, 2001, Samuel Hocevar wrote:

>    If you want to give it a try, dummy and sdl should be the only
> video output modules you'll manage to compile. If you want to port or
> create a video output module that does YUV conversion, have a look at
> plugins/sdl/vout_sdl.c. Don't bother with vout_xvideo.c, it's already
> being ported. If you wan't to port or create a video output module that
> does software YUV, I'm afraid you'll need to wait a few days until this
> part is ported.

   I added a few fixes, here is the latest snapshot:

      http://zoy.org/~sam/vlc/vlc-vout4-20010525.tar.gz

   The xvideo part somewhat works, but only with one direct buffer. I
did not manage to create several Xvimages, allocating more than one
results in a BadAccess later. If anyone wants to have a look at it, set
XVIDEO_MAX_DIRECTBUFFERS to more than 1 in plugins/x11/vout_xvideo.c
and try to see what's wrong. It's probably trivial to fix, but it's far
beyond my X programming knowledge.

   I'm now working on the generic chroma transformations so that non
accelerated video output works as well.

--
Sam.