building plugins on Win32 ?

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sun May 27 19:21:34 CEST 2001

On Sun, May 27, 2001, Gildas Bazin wrote:

> Does anybody have ideas or comments ?

   As far as I know, no one is working on it for the moment, because it
would probably require a lot of work to be done properly.

> Would the VLC team be ready to modify the plugins architecture just to
> satisfy the needs of the Win32 port ? (I guess I already know the answer
> ;-)

   You might be surprised, but I think it's definitely a good idea and
would be cleaner than the current way to do. This will lead to smaller
binaries, maybe faster, and remove the need for current BeOS hassles
when compiling. Definitely worth it IMHO, I'll try to evaluate the
amount of work needed.

--
Sam.