How to Remote play video from VideoLan Server

Mufasa Yang MufasaYang at via.com.tw
Thu Nov 22 09:12:52 CET 2001

Thanks your kindly help! The problem is solved :)
By the way, I want to modestly ask for advances about VideoLan client and
server.
(1)
I want to use vlc-0.2.91-win32 instead of Windows Media Player to play local
*.mpeg (or *.mpg), VideoLan Client
seems to be not worked properly. Otherwise, it can be getten video streams
from VideoServer and played the video normally (first of all, DirectX must
be updating). But in Linux, vlc can play any local *.mpeg (or *.mpg). Have
any secret of success when I use vlc-0.2.91-win32 to play local *.mpeg (or
*.mpg) ??
(2)
At the Input.cfg, The program's type may be Mpeg1-PS, Mpeg2-PS, Mpeg2-TS and
Dvd.
(a) If the video is *.vob, what's the different from Mpeg2-PS and Mpeg-TS??
(b) If the video provided from VideoLan Server are *.mpeg *.mpg *.avi *.dat
or mpeg4 video, what kind of program's type
     shoud be chosen?
Do you have any advice for my problem? Thanks so much!

Best Regard

Mufasa