MacOSX fixes

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Tue Nov 27 01:24:40 CET 2001

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 02:38:23PM -0800, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 14:32, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> > sorry to answer my own mail..
> >
> > > Playing a dvd still crashed - in NextDataPacket.
> > > I haven't commited this yet, but it should be in CVS by tomorrow (I want to
> > > see if I can fix the dvd-input first)
> >
> > I commited the changes now. Playing dvds (from /dev/rdisk1) still crashes in
> > NextDataPacket.
>
> When I try to play a DVD in OS 10.1 using /dev/rdisk1, I get a "device
> busy" error.  I assume this is because the disk is shown on the desktop,
> and is therefore mounted.  Do I need to umount the DVD drive before
> using vlc?

hm... strange, I never saw that. I can play (well, could :-( ) dvd when they
are mounted. Could it be that the Apple DVD Player starts when inserting the
dvd? It does that on my machine, and I didn't find a way to prevent it from
doing so (other than to move it away from /Applications)

greetings, phlo