Update on Mac OS X - we finally have YUV Overlay (but only on 10.1)

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Mon Oct 1 18:51:33 CEST 2001

Hi

10.1 supports a planar YUV Codec (YUV420), which I now manages to use for
vlc.

Here are my changes - the tgz is meant to replace the plugins/macosx folder.

So far, it always does full-screen mode - not because supporting windowed
mode is more complicated (which it isn't), but because I wanted the
interface-module to stay simple (I rewrote the interface) too keep the
number of possible side-effects small.

I'll add a menu-bar, windowed-mode,... again, now that the output works.

10.0 support could be added, although it would be much slower.

If you want to use this "patch" (not really a patch-file - sorry...), you
also have to modify your Makefile.opts.

Just add "-framework QuickTime" in the line(s) containing "-framework
Carbon".

The video is still not really fluent on my 350Mhz G3, but I guess now some
other modules (idct, motion-compensation) have to be optimized, which sadly
is something I can't tackle (my assembler skills are virtually non-existant)

greetings, Florian Pflug