iPAQ port

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Oct 18 10:56:36 CEST 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

> > Well personnally I use MPEG-1, you do not need the DVD resolution.
>
> I know but vlms did only support MPEG-2, so stuck with that for the time
> being.

I fixed that a few weeks ago, VLMS should be able to read most MPEG-1
streams. And VLS reads all of them. If you're only using unicast, I
suggest you try VLC HTTP input, it is much more simple and works with
all streams.

> I could start working on creating the libmad based on the new plug-in
> architecture.
> Where can I find code for libmad? Is it base on madplay?

Yes, this is the same. Unfortunately the documentation looks... inexistant,
so we'll have to browse the source... We basically need to know how to
decode the content of a char* buffer, and where to get the decoded samples
from.

> How do the interface specs look for the new plug-in architecture?

The code isn't finished yet, but I think it will be very close to what
we have now.

--
Christophe Massiot.