libdvdcss dvdcss_seek() args

Cliff Tuel cliff at mac.com
Mon Oct 22 06:26:32 CEST 2001

Greetings from a newbie, using OS X 10.1, with a libdvdcss question.

The sample code on http://www.videolan.org/libdvdcss/sample.html won't
compile with the latest cvs snapshot; a 3rd arg has been added to
dvdcss_seek().  What should this be?  I guessed DVDCSS_SEEK_INI, which sorta
works.  If I change the sample to code to iterate over sectors 0...N, it
eventually bombs out:

libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated
libdvdcss debug: already authenticated
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID 1
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 0
libdvdcss debug: authentication established
libdvdcss debug: received session key
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated
libdvdcss debug: already authenticated
libdvdcss debug: disc key won't be decrypted
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key ... this may take some time
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss error: no key but found encrypted block

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
0x00003620 in CSSDescrambleSector ()

Bonus Question: how to prevent "cracking title key" each time?

Cliff Tuel -- cliff at mac.com