Windows port : SSE optimizations supported ?

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Fri Oct 26 10:30:17 CEST 2001

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001, Loïc Minier wrote:

> I cross-compiled with the www.mingw.org version but did not manage to
> get a working memalign (actually it doesn't seem to be in their libc
> implementation). But the compiled version had an aligned structure
> and I tested the sse modules : they seem to work. May be their malloc
> implementation has changed and now aligns on 16 bytes boundaries ?

Impossible. I'd preferably say that we're lucky. The right thing to do (c)
is probably to replace in common.h our :
#define memalign malloc
by a _real_ implementation of memalign, for instance borrowed in the glibc
(I have looked at it once, I think it should be easy to port).

--
Christophe Massiot.