vlc feature request - frame capture.

Charles Sullivan cwsulliv at triad.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 04:32:29 CEST 2001

I don't know if it would be too difficult to implement, but it would
be handy to have a quick way of capturing single frames on the fly and
writing them as graphics still images to a file or sequence of files.
Having the action pause for a few seconds each time in the process would
not be unacceptable.

I can do this now by pausing the action on vlc and using ImageMagick but
I have to be quick about it - the display starts to jump and flicker
after a second or so when paused.

I don't know why, but I've never seen a video player program for movies
on CD or in hard-drive files which has this capability, which I assume
would be very popular.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan