vlc feature request - frame capture.

Charles Sullivan cwsulliv at triad.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 05:24:56 CEST 2001

On Tue, 2001-09-04 at 22:22, Damian Ivereigh wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-09-05 at 12:32, Charles Sullivan wrote:
>
> > I don't know why, but I've never seen a video player program for movies
> > on CD or in hard-drive files which has this capability, which I assume
> > would be very popular.
>
> Probably because of copyright concerns, unfortunately. Despite the fact
> that this is probably well within the fair-use guidlines.
>
> Damian

Your probably right.  I have a suspicion that any "fair-use" will soon
be outlawed when it comes to digital media if the big corporations
with their $$$ continue to have their way.  Fair-use will be only what
the media producer declares it to be, usually zilch, to the long-term
detriment of our civilization.

I'll repeat my request anyway, in the hopes that the Videolan team
will take the high ground.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan