0.3.0: win binary problem

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 8 09:31:23 CEST 2002

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 "Martin Gansser" <mgansser at ngi.de> wrote:

>The binary for windows didn't start on win2000.
>
>I read in the changelog:
>
>./Makefile: we don't include the Gtk+ and SDL DLLs in the win32 package
>anymore, the package is now 700k instead of 4MB.
>
>what version of gtk+, sdl is used by vlc, and where should it be pleaced.
>
>thanks Martin

Only the native win32 interface has been packaged with this win32 binary release and it appears that a last minute bug has popped-up which prevents it from working on Win2k/XP.

I will package the GTK interface plugin separately this evening and make it available on www.videolan.org. As for the SDL video output plugin, it is currently broken on Win32 so it isn't really worth packaging it.

--
Gildas