Preparing 0.3.1

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Apr 17 10:15:10 CEST 2002

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002, Gildas Bazin wrote:

> Wowww, that's a bit of a short notice don't you think.

   Yeah. But we really need to accelerate the release cycle. If we
assume 0.3.0 was in a releasable state, then the current CVS is in a
releasable state since it only contains fixes. If we wait too long, we
are taking the risk of seeing new bugs appear.

> There are still a few things I would like to fix on the Win32 port
> before the 0.3.1 release but I need some more time. It would be great
> if the deadline could be extended until sunday evening, that would
> leave me the week-end to work on this.

   I'm out this weekend, and probably won't be able to manage a release
until monday. That makes almost a week - what about doing two releases
instead, one tonight and one next week?

> We also had quite a few complaints about the sound quality in 0.3.0.
> It looks like the audio underruns a lot whereas in 0.2.92 it was fine.
> This problem has been reported on several platforms, and I know the
> Win32 port is also severly affected by this. This problem looks like a
> high priority thing to me, and it would be nice if it could be fixed
> before 0.3.1. Any taker ?

   Fixing sound quality on all platforms? That would mean a release
around, er, July? :-)

--
Sam.