[ANN] VideoLAN Client 0.3.1
sam at zoy.org
Fri Apr 19 01:13:28 CEST 2002
The VideoLAN team is happy to deliver version 0.3.1 of vlc, the
VideoLAN Client. This release fixes a lot of bugs discovered in 0.3.0,
* Fixes in the input layer, especially satellite input.
* AltiVec modules were fixed.
* The Gtk+ interface doesn't crash anymore when accessing the popup menu.
* The Solaris version doesn't segfault on startup.
* Subtitles work under BeOS in software mode.
* NVidia overlay support under BeOS.
* The Win32 interface doesn't get stuck anymore.
* The MacOS X port has proper aspect ratio.
The full changelog is at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/changelog.html
You can download vlc 0.3.1 via HTTP or FTP :
Tarballs are available, as well as x86 Debian, RPM, Windows and BeOS
packages, and a MacOS X package. Binary builds for architectures and
distributions not yet available are welcome and can be uploaded to our
And don't forget we now have a brand new mirror site:
For the vlc team,
Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
free DVD and MPEG support for Linux, Unix, Windows, BeOS and QNX:
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://www.videolan.org/lists.html
If you are in trouble, please contact <postmaster at videolan.org>
More information about the vlc-devel