[ANN] VideoLAN Client 0.3.1

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Fri Apr 19 01:13:28 CEST 2002

   The VideoLAN team is happy to deliver version 0.3.1 of vlc, the
VideoLAN Client. This release fixes a lot of bugs discovered in 0.3.0,
including:

  * Fixes in the input layer, especially satellite input.
  * AltiVec modules were fixed.
  * The Gtk+ interface doesn't crash anymore when accessing the popup menu.
  * The Solaris version doesn't segfault on startup.
  * Subtitles work under BeOS in software mode.
  * NVidia overlay support under BeOS.
  * The Win32 interface doesn't get stuck anymore.
  * The MacOS X port has proper aspect ratio.

   The full changelog is at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/changelog.html

   You can download vlc 0.3.1 via HTTP or FTP :

     http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download.html
     ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.3.1/

   Tarballs are available, as well as x86 Debian, RPM, Windows and BeOS
packages, and a MacOS X package. Binary builds for architectures and
distributions not yet available are welcome and can be uploaded to our
incoming directory:

     ftp://ftp.videolan.org/incoming/

   And don't forget we now have a brand new mirror site:

     http://www.fr.videolan.org/

For the vlc team,
Sam
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
  free DVD and MPEG support for Linux, Unix, Windows, BeOS and QNX: