no GUI same problems

Peter Surda shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at
Mon Apr 29 21:09:52 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:04:05AM -0700, terkurung wrote:
> Hi there,
hi

> I faced similar problems with not having GUI when I
> compiled the vlc on linux. I'm using Lunix 7.2 Red
> Hat.
Aaa lunix, isn't that something to eat?

Have RH7.2 as well.

> The response that I got was something like
>
> rc : remote ....
I vaguely remember being the original author of the rc plugin, but I never saw
it being the default one. It would indicate that none of the GUI plugins
compiled.

> any suggestions ?
My guess is that you don't have gtk-devel or something like that installed.
Check out ./configure results, what it says about GTK missing and available
plugins. Try installing SDL-devel as well (won't solve missing GUI but could
help with other stuff).

> Thanks
> Hendry
Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
 "They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
 "That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."