CVS Commit: vlc

Stephan Assmus stippi at yellowbites.com
Thu Aug 22 20:04:00 CEST 2002

Tony,

> I am still trying to find a way to make the BeOS api's behave in the
> "demand" way.  IE request sound when they need it.  However if the
> worst comes SDL is available on BeOS and therefore someone must have
> solved the problem

I don't really know the problem at hand, I don't even know how the BeOS
plugin implements sound. However, when you write a media node to handle
audio, you could implement the pulling behaviour there. IE the node
would pull audio from vlc and push audio into the system mixer. I have
written an AudioProducer node you could use. It was originally based on
Be sample code, but has muched improved since then.

Does this make any sense?

-Stephan