[vlc-devel] Re: NetBSD vcd.c patch for 0.4.6

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Dec 2 19:30:00 CET 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002, Rhialto wrote:

> This is a bit rough - it has debug printf()s in it. Also it tests for
> __NetBSD__ where it probably should do some feature test in configure.
> It also does not apply cleanly (at all, really) to the cvs version.
> It is more for getting the idea - I "borrowed" the actual code from
> MPlayer.

   Ok, I removed the debug printf and added a check for sys/scsiio.h
and applied the patch. There are still two points that worry me though.

> +#if __NetBSD__
> +        p_sectors[ i ] = toc_entries.data[i].addr.lba;
> +#else
>          p_sectors[ i ] = ntohl( toc_entries.data[i].addr.lba );
> +#endif

   Why is this? I can't figure out why this code should be different
under NetBSD.

> +    sc.databuf = (caddr_t) p_block;
> +    sc.datalen = VCD_SECTOR_SIZE; 	// was 2328 == VCD_DATA_SIZE + 4;

  [...]

> +#ifdef __NetBSD__
> +    FAST_MEMCPY( p_buffer, p_block, VCD_DATA_SIZE );
> +#else

   I may have missed something here, but it seems we don't skip the
VCD_DATA_START first bytes.

--
Sam.