[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (sam)

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sat Dec 7 17:37:14 CET 2002

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002, Eric Petit wrote:

> The non-overlay video output is broken on BeOS since this commit (look at
> http://titer.org/images/bitmap.png : upper window is from an older vlc
> build, the lower from a newer one). Could you please check ?

   Ew, you're right, it looks rather bad. But I think the problem lies
in the beos plugin.

   In modules/gui/beos/VideoOutput.cpp, Init() sets the bit masks for
32 bits depth, and it looks like 32 bits rendering was disabled in
VideoWindow::_AllocateBuffers() so we fallback to 16. Can you check
this?

   If it still doesn't work, can you run vlc with -vv and tell me what
chroma is being used for picture out? Also, does it work better with
--disable-mmx?

--
Sam.