[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (fenrir)
fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sat Dec 14 22:53:05 CET 2002
> Log Message:
> Added stream output. (common work with titer).
First attempt to add a stream output capability to vlc (default enabled).
To try it, just launch vlc with the "--sout" option.
Syntax: vlc <file> --sout <access_output>/<mux>:<address or file>[:<port>]
- supported ES: MPEG-I/II audio and video, a52 (MPEG-4 is not usable yet)
- muxer: MPEG-II TS and PS (a52 encapsulation doesn't work for PS as it
generates bad files).
- output: file, udp/rtp only with TS (unicast and multicast tested).
* While streaming bad MPEG-I files - ie with an single sequence header - the
packetizer repeats it every second.
* At this time, TS muxer does not use libdvbpsi but builds PAT/PMT itself,
with wrong checksums (so, to read it you need to force "ts" demuxer in vlc
and not default "ts_dvbpsi" ...)
titer and fenrir
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://www.videolan.org/lists.html
If you are in trouble, please contact <postmaster at videolan.org>
More information about the vlc-devel